At this year’s CES, HARMAN’s adaptive and connected audio products received seven Innovation Awards. Among those awarded are:
- AKG N5005, studio quality, high-resolution headphones
- Harman Kardon Adapt, a wireless HD audio adapter
- JBL Free, truly wireless in-ear headphones
- JBL Soundgear, a hands-free and ear-free wearable speaker
- JBL Soundgear BTA, the wearable device with a TV Bluetooth wireless audio transmitter
- JBL Tuner, portable Bluetooth speaker with digital audio broadcasting (DAB) and FM radio capabilities; available in Europe only Spring 2018.
The final accolade went to a revolutionary sport headphone set to be announced later this year.
The annual CES Innovation Awards honor outstanding product design and engineering across 28 product categories. All entries are judged by an esteemed panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products. Over the course of the past five years, HARMAN has won 247 awards for 160 products.
This growing list of accolades is driven by the ingenuity and creativity of HARMAN’s designers and engineers. The team combines passion and purpose to develop smart, stylish products with superior sound that enhance and elevate a connected lifestyle.
“Today’s consumers look for constant connectivity not only to music, but to friends, family and the world around them – wherever they are," said Michael Mauser, President of Lifestyle Audio at Harman International Corp. "We’re committed to continuing to bring first-class, ground-breaking products to market across various categories. We are honored that CES and the industry continue to recognize our commitment to innovating audio solutions that truly integrate our connected lifestyle.”
All 2018 Innovation Award honoree products can be found on https://www.ces.tech/Events-Experiences/Innovation-Awards-Program/Honorees.aspx, which includes product categories and names, manufacturer information, designer, a description, photo and URL.