Imagine taking a road trip and your car notifies you that it is low on gasoline. Then an app opens to show you nearby gas stations and the current cost per gallon. You can make an informed decision to select the best price based on your location, and the navigation app opens to take you via the quickest route to the station. After filling up, you continue your drive, and your credit card is automatically charged for your fill-up. This is all possible through embedded in-vehicle app stores, which allow the apps to communicate with the data in your vehicle. Drivers in Europe and Asia have been using this embedded technology for quite some time for parking discovery and payment, and it’s growing in prevalence in the United States.
In the latest installment of the HARMAN Experiences Per Mile podcast, Chris Jo, Head of Ecosystem Business & Global Partnerships for the HARMAN Ignite Store at HARMAN International, shares insights on the future of embedded in-vehicle app stores. He explains the benefits, how they are being adopted across the globe, and advantages for consumers that use the HARMAN Ignite Store, like data security.
This episode also dives into features that set apart the HARMAN Ignite Store for developers through the HARMAN Ignite Developer Portal. The discussion highlights the customizability and unique benefits that OEMs gain through the use of this platform.
Learn more by listening to the podcast today! Click here for episode 26.
The Experiences Per Mile podcast explores consumer-centric mobility experiences and the technologies driving them, engaging listeners ranging from tech professionals to automotive enthusiasts. Be sure to subscribe to the Experiences Per Mile podcast today on your favorite podcast channel to hear about the latest mobility technologies.
Stream previous episodes here:
- Episode 1 - How will software empower a personalized experience for the customer?
- Episode 2 - What new features will enable the in-vehicle experience of tomorrow?
- Episode 3 - Phone app or embedded system: How will you navigate your car in the future?
- Episode 4 - How will 5G enable the next generation in-car experience?
- Episode 5 - What are the new technology trends for electric vehicles?
- Episode 6 - From RPM to EPM: How are Experiences Per Mile impacting the industry?
- Episode 7 - What foundational elements are needed in the digital cockpit of the future to boost consumer enjoyment?
- Episode 8 - Can society reach zero-accident mobility through ADAS to provide a feeling of well-being for consumers?
- Episode 9 - Why are automakers using OTA updates to improve consumer experience?
- Episode 10 - How can consumers increase their productivity in the car using an automotive marketplace?
- Episode 11 - How is enterprise software accelerating Experiences Per Mile?
- Episode 12 - Can the Experience Per Mile promise be optimized via location technology?
- Episode 13 - What’s the Experience Per Mile outlook for powersport products?
- Episode 14 - Will streamlining car and radio services provide better social connection for drivers?
- Episode 15 - How are driver and occupant monitoring systems increasing consumer enjoyment?
- Episode 16 - Can software integration make drivers feel more accomplished?
- Episode 17 - Is dashcam technology making vehicle owners safer?
- Episode 18 - How can we improve accessibility to EVs while maximizing Experience Per Mile?
- Episode 19 - How can music lovers elevate their concert experiences from the car?
- Episode 20 - Is the key to creating a truly immersive gaming experience the car?
- Episode 21 - Will digital creators extend their content curation to the driver’s seat?
- Episode 22 - How does the new WP.29 regulation impact both OEMs and consumers in European markets?
- Episode 23 - Has the commercial customer been forgotten?
- Episode 24 - How is connectivity driving the EV consumer experience?
- Episode 25 - How has in-vehicle navigation evolved to satisfy consumer needs?