CES 2017, LAS VEGAS – January 4, 2017 – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced the next generation of its popular Flip series, the JBL Flip 4, winner of the CES Innovation Award 2017. Providing superior sound paired with a new adventure-proof design, the JBL Flip 4, portable Bluetooth speaker, connects listeners to a rich audio experience wherever life takes you.
With improved sound clarity and bass, up to 12 hours of playback time and a waterproof design featuring rugged new fabrics, the JBL Flip 4 is a perfect companion to make life more fun. Whether on the beach, at an outdoor party, on-the-go listening or simply relaxing at home, this speaker delivers surprisingly powerful sound. The Flip 4 joins other speakers in JBL’s full line of waterproof speakers, including: Clip 2, Charge 3, and Pulse 3.
Connectivity is boundless with the JBL Connect+ feature which enables the ability to connect more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled Flip 4 speakers together, amplifying the listening experience and filling any room with rich sound. Music lovers can create the ultimate dance party by connecting up to two smartphones or tablets at once, giving everyone the chance to play DJ and stream their favorite playlists and tracks.
With the simple press of a button, users can access Siri and Google now via the JBL Voice Assistant Integration feature. Users have the convenience to change the song, make a call or check the weather report - all by speaking to JBL, without interrupting the fun. The JBL Flip 4 also provides a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone feature for clear conference calls.
The JBL Flip 4 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly connect up to two smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
- 12-hours of playtime: Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 12-hours of playtime.
- IPX7 Waterproof: No more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge Flip 4 in water.
- Build your own party by connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience.
- Speakerphone: Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Voice Assistant Integration: Access Siri or Google Now from your JBL speaker with a simple button press.
- Lifestyle Material: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures.
- JBL Bass Radiator: Hear the bass, feel the bass, see the bass. Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speakers are.
Pricing and Availability
The JBL® Flip 4 will be available on JBL.com and select retailers for $99.95 starting spring 2017. The 4th generation speaker will be available in 6 vibrant colors including: Black, White, Teal, Gray, Red and Blue
For more information visit JBL.com/CES..
HARMAN at CES 2017
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2017 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that elevate the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2017:
- Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #HarmanCES
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company’s software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended September 30, 2016. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
© 2016 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.