CES 2018, LAS VEGAS – January 8, 2018 – Today, HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, unveiled the JBL® Clip 3, a compact, waterproof portable Bluetooth speaker packed with even more playtime, sound quality and clarity.
The latest evolution of the JBL Clip takes the portable listening experience to the next level. Ten hours of playtime with enhanced sound quality and performance gives this speaker an edge. Consumers will now get to enjoy an even richer audio performance in the same sized compact form.
Taking on a new design, the JBL Clip 3 delivers increased durability and colorful new fabrics. The new shape takes its iconic carabiner to the next level, framing the entire perimeter of the speaker, and acting as a bumper. The inside of the carbineer now boasts a JBL patterned-rubber lining, giving the speaker the ability to grip onto slippery surfaces. An IPX7 waterproof design and rugged, rubber fabric makes the Clip 3 the perfect companion for any adventure. Clip the speaker anywhere for a dynamic JBL Signature Sound listening experience. Whether it’s on a backpack, an umbrella at the beach, or the inside of a tent, the Clip 3 lets the music follow customers, wherever they go.
“It’s always exciting when we’re able to bring new generations of customer favorites to life. The JBL Clip 3 showcases a contemporary design that provides the same JBL Signature Sound people love, in the form of a small, compact and portable speaker,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President, Smart Audio Business Unit, HARMAN.
The Clip 3 will also feature bolder more vibrant tones. Unlike the orange carabiner showcased on the JBL Clip 2, the Clip 3 will have a matching color tone for each speaker color, blending the carabiner with the body of the speaker. With new color palettes like Dusty Pink, Steel White, and Ocean Blue, users will gain more than a versatile speaker, but also an eye-catching accessory.
With an echo and noise cancelling speakerphone, people will be able to use the Clip 3 to connect their smartphone via Bluetooth and make crystal-clear calls.
The JBL Clip 3 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly stream high-quality music from any smartphone or tablet
- Built in Carabiner: Hook the Clip 3 onto anything and take the music anywhere
- Rechargeable Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 10 hours of playtime
- Lifestyle Material: Durable fabric material and a carabiner frame allows this speaker to be taken on any adventure
- IPX7 Waterproof: Don’t let a little water stop the party; this speaker can even be submerged while playing
- Speakerphone: Enjoy crystal-clear calls, thanks to an echo and noise cancelling speakerphone
- Colors: Available in Midnight Black, Ocean Blue, Fiesta Red, River Teal, Stone Grey, Dusty Pink, Steel White, Forest Green, Mustard Yellow and Desert Sand
Pricing and Availability
The JBL® Clip 3 will be available on JBL.com and at select retailers for $59.95 starting spring 2018.
HARMAN at CES 2018
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2018 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that elevate the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2018:
- Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with HARMAN on Linkedin
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #HARMANCES
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.