IFA 2018, BERLIN – AUGUST 30, 2018 – JBL welcomes the latest addition to its market leading waterproof Bluetooth speaker family, the JBL Charge 4. Bass that makes the heart pound? Check. Vibrant colors coupled with JBL’s epic signature sound? Check. Get ready for a speaker that delivers an invigorating music experience.
The JBL Charge 4 is a musical force to be reckoned with, boasting 20 hours of playtime and the ability to charge any smart device through the speaker’s charging port. No more worrying about cutting that playlist short, the music will be going strong as long as the party. Always looking to raise the bar, JBL engineers developed an all new JBL transducer for Charge 4 that features increased cone area and excursion, further upping the game and reinforcing why JBL is the number one market share holder in the Bluetooth speaker category globally.
Industrial fabrics and an IPX7 waterproof rating mean durability is never in question. Take the Charge 4 wherever the party goes, whether its rocky mountain tops or sandy shorelines. Never worry about a freak rainstorm or a dunk in the water. This speaker can be submerged in water and still play everyone’s favorite tunes.
The speaker’s expressive design elements mimic the Charge’s iconic shape, while adding modern structural elements like 3D metallic passive radiators. The Charge 4 also introduces new colors to the family, with shades including Dusty Pink, Forest Green, Steel White, among others.
“Compared to others of its size, the JBL Charge 4 is one powerful speaker, with amazing sound that consumers can both see and hear when the music is playing,” said Michael Mauser, President Lifestyle Audio Division at HARMAN. “Our updated design provides both added durability and vibrant new colors, making it the perfect addition to any setting, whether that be in the home or outdoors.”
JBL Charge 4 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth® streaming: Wirelessly connect to up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- 7500mAh power bank: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges smartphones and tablets via USB.
- IPX7 waterproof: Take the speaker to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water.
- JBL Connect+: Amplify the listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- Durable fabric and rugged materials: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows for speakers to outlast any adventure.
- JBL bass radiator: Dual passive radiators deliver powerful, ear catching JBL sound that resonates loud and clear.
Pricing and Availability
JBL Charge 4 (USD: $149.95; EUR: €179) will be available on JBL.com starting Fall 2018 in 10 color options: Desert Sand, Mustard Yellow, Dusty Pink, Grey Stone, River Teal, Fiesta Red, Ocean Blue, Midnight Black, Steel White, and Forest Green.
Follow HARMAN online
- Find more news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with Harman on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #Harman
JBL creates the amazing sound that shapes life’s most epic moments. From iconic events like Woodstock and concerts at Madison Square Garden, to games at Yankee Stadium and weekend road trips, JBL elevates listeners’ experiences with award-winning audio that lets them make the most of every moment. With unmatched professional credentials and over 60 years of delivering industry leading innovation, JBL is the authority in engineering superior sound.
HARMAN International (harman.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co, LTD., designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions;
and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.