GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW – March 7, 2017 – HARMAN International (NYSE: HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today brought technology from concept to reality with the European premier of its industry leading intelligent cockpit, powered by HARMAN’s compute platform, an end-to-end system that is an increasingly more powerful and intelligent computer designed to integrate the instrumentation cluster and safety features. The system supports an integrated digital assistant and car-to-home IoT functionality, as well as augmented reality navigation. The advanced, comprehensive end-to-end solution offers automakers the ultimate opportunity to customize specific feature content for production readiness within the next 2 to 3 years. HARMAN will showcase the functionality in a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica during the Geneva International Motor Show 2017.
The compute platform runs on HARMAN’s LIVS (Life-Enhancing Intelligent Vehicle Solution) suite, the industry’s most advanced connected car and cloud platform designed to improve driver efficiency while minimizing driver distraction and vehicle complexity. The platform, is the industry’s most complete end-to-end system to provide vehicle cockpit harmonization and intelligent connectivity for more adaptable and personalized user experiences in the car. The system features an object detection suite, coordinated displays, a telematics control unit as well as multi-display system processing.
The HARMAN technology on display is designed to seamlessly connect the vehicle to relevant systems to save drivers time and improve their connected lifestyle user experience – in and out of the car. Today’s consumer is focused on technology innovations and, according to Autotrader, 65 percent of consumers are willing to switch car brands to get the technology features they want.
HARMAN is enabling automakers to keep pace with consumer demand for connected user experiences in the car with the following connected car innovations:
Driver Assistance/ADAS Technologies:
- Augmented Reality Navigation: Technology blends live-motion video with graphics to provide drivers with a clearer understanding of the road ahead and visual cues for complex intersections. The solution enables a safer, more efficient user experience and provides real time driving data such as traffic flow, accident reporting, construction updates, and real-time road hazards.
- Object Detection Suite: Technology designed to alert drivers to all things on the road. The suite includes: front, rear and surround view cameras, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, blind spot detection and headway monitoring warning.
- Intelligent Digital Personal Assistant: Allows drivers to schedule appointments and makes proactive suggestions such as the best time to get gas based on the day’s schedule
- Car-to-Home Automation: Keeps your car and home connected for convenience and simplicity, allowing the driver to control their home’s lighting and thermostat from the car
- Cockpit Harmonization: Designed to put the driver’s user experience at forefront with seamless integration of the center console and instrument cluster allowing for personalization.
- Telematics Control Unit: Drivers can use the unit to perform OTA software updates for any electronic control unit located in the car.
- Multi-Camera System Processing: Integration of 360 degree camera views to provide drivers with awareness of their full surroundings and ability to run multiple displays. The system also monitors, records and assesses the surroundings of the vehicle to generate content via the cluster display.
HARMAN at the Geneva Motor Show 2017
Visit the HARMAN showcase during the Geneva Motor Show 2017 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that enable the connected life. The HARMAN showcase is located at the Rinspeed booth Nr. 6240 in hall 6.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company’s software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $7.2 billion during the 12 months ended December 31, 2016. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
© 2017 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. AKG is a trademark of AKG Acoustics GmbH, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.