CES, Las Vegas, Nev. – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, announced today that it has won the CES 2016 Innovation award for 13 products introduced during this season. Over the course of the past three years, the company has won 167 awards for 100 unique products. Products entered in the CES Innovation program are judged by an esteemed panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across categories.
Harman award-winners represent the breadth of product portfolio, including headphones, smart audio, connected home and aftermarket car audio categories.
- The JBL XTREME delivers extreme concert sound in portable Bluetooth speaker. Through JBL’s technology and patents, the Xtreme’s rugged, splashproof portable speaker is empowered with four active transducers and two bass radiators that enable listeners to feel the music with its powerful sound, while on-the-go with 15 hours playing time.
- The JBL BOOST TV is the smallest way to get BIG sound from your TV. Perfect for any size TV, the JBL Boost TV is also the first speaker to let users automatically switch between TV audio to the audio from a phone or tablet with proprietary JBL SoundShift™ technology. The lightweight JBL Boost TV delivers cinematic sound quality with deep bass, virtual surround and Dolby® Digital for HD movies.
- The JBL REFLECT AWARE™ is the world’s first sport headphone with ambient aware and ANC, no batteries required. JBL REFLECT AWARE sport headphone gives the athlete the ability to mix ambient sounds with active noise cancelling performance, allowing any athlete to optimize their audio performance for every workout. The lightest ANC headphone on the market requires no battery through the use of Lightning Connector or Micro USB features Ambient Aware™ technology.
- The AKG N90Q the world's first headphone with personalized sound – designed by legendary Grammy winner Quincy Jones. The AKG N90Q, featuring TruNote technology, automatically and precisely reproduces sound optimized to the user's anatomy. In addition to TruNote, Quincy ensured that the N90Q leverage the latest noise-cancelling and sound customization technology in order to optimize the audio experience to the listener's taste. A subtle and continuous adjustment of the bass and treble level ensures sound reproduction remains undistorted.
- The REVEL CONCERTA2 SERIES loudspeakers are a complete lineup of home theater and music loudspeakers that incorporates numerous design and engineering upgrades to deliver exceptional sound and sets a new benchmark in high-end loudspeaker value. The speakers' best-in-class acoustic performance was further verified via double-blind testing in the Northridge, California HARMAN Listening Lab, a one of-a-kind world-class facility purpose-built to advance the science and art of loudspeaker design through meaningful double-blind listening tests.Concerta2 Series loudspeakers employ a 1-inch aluminum tweeter with an integral phase ring, derived from Revel's Performa3 Series, to deliver detailed and transparent high-frequency response. The tweeters are mated to a new, patented fourth-generation Acoustic Lens Waveguide that optimizes the blend between the tweeter and woofers and improves off-axis performance for smoother, more consistent performance over a wide listening area. The newly designed woofers feature aluminum cones that help keep distortion to a minimum by improving rigidity without increasing mass. The result is transducers that behave like ideal pistons throughout their operating range, which is fundamental to Revel's DNA.
- The JBL TRIPis designed with concerns over safely using a smart phone in the car in mind. HARMAN’s exclusive Voice Cancellation technology allows for crystal clear phone calls even with road and wind noise in traffic. Navigation and ADAS apps like iOnRoad wirelessly send safety and turn prompts via Bluetooth; simultaneously, the driver can easily listen to their factory radio for local newscasts or traffic updates. Since the conversation doesn’t stop when you park, it quickly detaches from the visor and can be taken into the hotel room, kitchen or office to continue the conversation or music experience.
- The INFINITY KAPPA 5 is a five–channel car audio system solution amplifier that delivers the efficiency and power you expect from Class D topology—and the performance you expect from Infinity. It features low- and high-level inputs, allowing for use in both factory and aftermarket system. It offers Bluetooth® audio streaming as well as Harman’s exclusive Clari-Fi™ music restoration technology which analyzes and improves the audio quality of compressed files in real-time. The Kappa 5 also features multi-pairing Party Mode that lets anyone in the car stream music, and its cabin-mounted control panel provides additional control as well as Bluetooth wireless communication. The Kappa 5 amplifier delivers the power and features to allow you to shape your car audio experience in new ways.
In addition to the products listed above, several other HARMAN products have been recognized with a 2016 CES Innovation Award, which will be announced during CES 2016.
HARMAN recognizes the importance of providing stylish products that deliver not only high-quality technology, but also a sense of connectedness. "Today’s generation values constant connections not only to music, but also to friends, family and the world around them," said Dinesh C. Paliwal, HARMAN Chairman, President and CEO. "HARMAN continues to focus on putting the consumer first by delivering first-class, ground-breaking products across categories. We are honored that the CES and industry continue to recognize our commitment to innovating brilliant solutions that truly integrate our connected lifestyle.”
The CES Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
• Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
• Aesthetic and design qualities
• The product’s intended use/function and user value
• Unique features that consumers would find attractive
• How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
2016 Innovation Award honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
For additional information or to purchase any of HARMAN's award-winning products, visit www.jbl.com; www.harman.com; www.harmankardon.com; www.infinityspeakers.com; www.revelspeakers.com and www.marklevinson.com.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 28,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.4 billion during the 12 months ended September 30, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.