CES 2023 – LAS VEGAS – January 4, 2023 - Today, HARMAN International Industries, the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, launched JBL CLUB subwoofers. The new JBL CLUB subwoofers are designed to deliver deep bass at an affordable price for drivers. Leveraging technology from JBL’s Professional and Luxury Audio divisions, where loudspeakers fill giant stadiums, concert venues and movie theaters with incredible sound, these subwoofers take a completely new approach to moving air in a car or SUV. The two new woofer models – the JBL Club 102 and the JBL Club 122 – feature JBL’s world famous bass response combined with superior technology and power handling, making them a great solution for bass in a car.
Both woofers feature 400w and 350w power handling, patented SSI Smart Selectable Impedance providing either a 4- or 2-ohm load. The ultra-high roll surround, parabolic dish two-piece cone, double stacked magnets and long excursion suspension provide for unrivaled bass and performance at this price point. The sleek design of the vented basket and JBL family inspired cosmetics are elegant with a pop of iconic JBL orange. The easy push terminals make installation a snap, and the screw gasket cover creates the perfect finished look.
The two new JBL CLUB subwoofers are complemented by 4 enclosures designed to maximize performance and flexibility in any kind of vehicle. The enclosures are offered in both dual and single 10” and 12” configurations. They all offer JBL’s patented SlipstreamTM ports creating smooth bass down to 25 and 30 Hertz.
The four high-performance enclosures are designed for trunks, frunks, cargo spaces and any other space you can fit them. The design is flexible to allow for down firing compression into the trunk floor while the Slipstream port can be focused through a ski hole armrest in a sedan or coupe. If drivers have a bigger SUV style cargo area, the subs can be fired into the tailgate and the port fired up to fill the vehicle with incredible bass. The cosmetics feature a glossy woofer plate and carpeted combination for unrivaled looks.
“We’re excited to offer these new JBL Club subwoofers and boxes to our customers. We spent a lot of time ensuring quality sound and design to deliver the best boom at this price point” said Jeffery Fay, VP & GM Global Aftermarket, and Special Markets OEM at HARMAN.
Availability and Pricing:
The new JBL CLUB subwoofers will be available in Q2 of 2023 with options ranging from $159.95 - $169.95 for the single woofers and $349.95 - $549.95 for the single and double loaded enclosures.
Features and Technical Highlights:
- SSI (Selectable Smart Impedance) – This provides a 2- or 4-ohm impedance for either a single double, for full system building today or build as you go for tomorrow
- High-roll surround – Provides long excursion design for deeper bass with less distortion
- Vented basket design – Allows for consistent cooling of the 2” voice coil for longer life and more SPL
- Double stack magnet – For big power handling, 350 for the10” and 400 watts RMS for the 12”
- Easy Push terminals – Make installation and hook up easy
- Screw cover – Makes the final installation look like a million bucks
- JBL Award winning design – Finished off with JBL orange around the cone.
- Power Handling (RMS) – 350 watts 10” / 400 watts 12” RMS
- Power handling (Peak) – 1050 / 1200 watts
- VC Impedance – SSI 2- 4-ohms (SSI) Smart Selectable Impedance
- Frequency Response – 30-300 Hz 10” / 25-500 Hz 12”
- Sensitivity – 83dB 10” / 86db 12”
- Cone – Polypropylene concave dust cap / cone
- Basket (trim ring) – Steel basket
- Voice Coil – 2”
- Slipstream port – Alleviates port turbulence and noise with normal ports or vents
- Flexible design – Works in a multitude of configurations allowing for maximum output in any vehicle
- JBL Design – The black carpeted box is accented by a gloss black acrylic woofer plate
- Rugged design – The ¾” MDF design is glued, braced and screwed for maximum rigidity
- 2 Ohm load at the box – For easy hook up to JBL Club amplifiers
- Removable feet – Provide flexibility in various configurations
Follow HARMAN online
- Find more news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with Harman on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #Harman
For over 75 years, JBL has shaped life’s most memorable moments at the intersection of music, lifestyle, gaming and sports. JBL elevates listening experiences with superior audio quality and product designs that encourage individuality and self-expression. With unmatched professional credentials and industry-leading innovation, JBL is a trailblazer in the audio industry because of passionate and talented engineers and designers around the globe. JBL Pro Sound is the foremost technology pushing culture forward through major pop culture events and partnerships with the world’s top talent across music, sports and esports.
HARMAN International (harman.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co, LTD., designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
For more information:
HARMAN Americas Consumer Lifestyle
Denise Daly, Director of Communications & PR