STAMFORD, CT – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today released its 2016 Sustainability Report, providing details on the company’s initiatives that promote environmental, social and economic stewardship.
“HARMAN is deeply committed to driving environmental, social and economic progress for our employees, communities, customers, partners and shareholders,” said Dinesh C. Paliwal, Chairman, President and CEO of HARMAN. “Committed to measurement and transparency in everything we do, we are proud to share our accomplishments and best practices through this year’s Sustainability Report.”
The report published today shares specific progress in HARMAN’s sustainability focus areas, as well as highlights from HARMAN employees that have incorporated environmental and social practices throughout their offices and communities.
Highlights from HARMAN’s 2016 Sustainability Report include progress against several core initiatives:
- Make sound investments in people and communities;
- Innovate to improve environmental performance of our products;
- Design and build superior audio and infotainment solutions for our customers, in a manner that reflects our commitment to the environment;
- Improve HARMAN’s environmental performance within its own operations;
- Generate shareholder value through sound investments and operational efficiencies
HARMAN’s Sustainability Report was developed under the direction and guidance of HARMAN’s Sustainability Council, representing key corporate functions and the four business units.
HARMAN’s 2016 Sustainability Report, available online at www.harman.com/sustainability, provides details on HARMAN’s commitment to helping the company, its customers and its communities endure and thrive for years to come through social and ecological programs and initiatives. The Sustainability Report contains Standard Disclosures from the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines.