- BMW 1, BMW 3, and BMW X1 Series – The German automaker has chosen Harman Kardon premium audio to equip several new models that are making their world premiere at IAA. Innovative HARMAN technologies, advanced materials, and custom tuned design deliver high efficiency, quality and performance with minimum dimensions and weight. The new BMW 1 series vehicles use Alumaprene construction and metal matrix dome tweeters in a highly tuned system that features up to 12 high performance speakers and a Harman Kardon Logic7 DSP amplifier. In the BMW 3 series vehicles, a Harman Kardon Logic7 DSP amplifier with 420 watt amplifier and up to 13 high performance Harman Kardon speakers provide accurate music dynamics and excellent linearity. For the BMW X1 crossover vehicle, up to 11 Harman Kardon high performance speakers and 340 watt DSP amplifier deliver accurate music experience on every seat.
- Ferrari 458 Italia – Whoever takes a seat in one of the brand new Ferrari 458 Italia Spiders can expect a truly thrilling sound experience: the JBL Professional audio system built into this model provides a crystal clear, dynamic surround sound at every seat. A combination of 11 high-performance JBL Professional loudspeakers and a 640 Watt DSP amplifier delivers a premiere sonic experience with all the ambience and detail of a live performance. To ensure a dynamic music experience that reflects the character of the car, the HARMAN acoustics specialists use a groundbreaking mix of four different loudspeaker types all carefully developed, adapted and tuned to the 458 Italia Spider model to achieve authentic, premium sound. All components are perfectly matching the sound experience to the highest expectations of a Ferrari. The engineers from Ferrari and HARMAN share a passion for technical perfection and precision engineering, as well as a highly developed sense of individuality. Since 2008, HARMAN has created five made-to-measure JBL Professional sound systems for Ferrari including the new FF, Scuderia Spider 16M, 458 Italia and Ferrari California models.
- KIA Optima – Designed to provide high-resolution sound reproduction, harmonic richness and natural dynamics, the Infinity audio system in the new KIA Optima is comprised of 12 speakers in 8 locations and an 11-channel DSP amplifier with 550 Watt. (See related press release, “HARMAN delivers Infinity Premium Audio System for All New 2012 Kia Optima”).
- Mercedes B-Class and M-Class – The new B-Class and M-Class models of Mercedes make their public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show, each featuring premium Harman Kardon audio systems that are specially designed and acoustically tuned for the respective model. Drivers and passengers can experience unsurpassed surround sound with every recording, no matter whether the recordings are stereo or 5.1. Thanks to the discrete Logic7 audio processing technology, all passengers can enjoy a perfect sound field in both front and rear seats providing 360 degrees of authentic listening pleasure with all the realism, ambience and detail that characterize a live performance. Lossless handling of audio information is guaranteed by Digital Transmission Content Protection (DCTP) via MOST. The B-Class is equipped with a high-power 450 Watt Harman Kardon multichannel DSP amplifier, and 12 high-performance loudspeakers. The M-Class model has a 830 Watt Harman Kardon DSP amplifier and booster and 14 high-performance Harman Kardon loudspeakers.
- MINI - MINI and Harman Kardon jointly developed tailor-made sound systems that enrich the dynamic MINI driving experience with a fascinating listening experience. The uncompromising sound quality is delivered by the powerful Harman Kardon DSP amplifiers in Class D technology, driving ten optimally positioned speakers that are specifically adjusted for each MINI model. These high-performance transducers feature specially developed membrane materials. The tweeters, with metal-matrix diaphragms, employ a complex sandwich structure with an aluminum core and a ceramic surface. Midrange speakers in the door panels feature Alumaprene diaphragms that are characterized by excellent damping characteristics for a finely balanced frequency response. Listeners will hear powerful bass sounds, natural midrange tones and crystal-clear treble while also benefiting from improved efficiency, greater dynamism and more power. The new Harman Kardon sound system can be found aboard the new MINI Coupe, MINI, MINI Countryman, MINI Clubman, and MINI Cabrio models.
- Toyota Prius v - Energy conscious car buyers seeking the best in premium audio systems will now be able to get more with less, thanks to the latest energy efficient systems from HARMAN. The 2012 Toyota Prius v is the first of many models coming to market featuring JBL GreenEdge audio technologies, which feature twice the performance with half the energy consumption. (See related press release, “HARMAN GreenEdge Audio Systems Deliver More With Less for 2012 Toyota Prius v”.)
HARMAN unveils latest premium audio solutions with world’s leading automakers at IAASeptember 13, 2011
Internationale Automobil Ausstellung/International Motor Show, FRANKFURT – Leading automobile manufacturers such as BMW®, Ferrari®, Kia®, Mercedes-Benz®, MINI® and Toyota® turn to HARMAN (NYSE:HAR), the leading provider of premium audio and infotainment solutions. These automakers, among others, are showcasing their latest models with OEM audio solutions from Harman’s JBL and JBL® Professional, Harman Kardon®, and Infinity® brands. HARMAN is the world’s largest supplier of premium branded audio solutions, with an audio order backlog of $2.8 billion. Over 25 million vehicles worldwide are currently equipped with HARMAN technology.
Automakers trust HARMAN’s expertise and knowledge in all aspects of music recording and playback to provide professional-grade solutions that enhance the driving and listening experience. Each HARMAN audio system is customized and specifically optimized for the respective car model and the sound characteristics of each Harman audio brand. Several new vehicle models will be launched and on display to the public during the Frankfurt International Motor Show, including:
HARMAN is showcasing its car audio and infotainment solutions at IAA/Frankfurt Auto Show, September 15 to 25, 2011. Please visit the HARMAN booth in Hall 8.0, Stand D24 or visit www.harman.com/automotive for further information about HARMAN’s advanced automotive solutions.
"FRESH FRUIT BY DOJA CAT X JBL” NFT COLLAB DROPS, FEATURING A SERIES OF DIGITALLY DESIGNED HEADPHONES WITH SWEET PERKS
August 30, 2022
Doja Lets the Cat out of the Bag, Announcing Herself as the New Global Brand Ambassador for JBL®
April 04, 2022
JBL Collaborates with leaders in Gaming 100 Thieves on Exclusive Quantum ONE Headset Drop
March 17, 2022
Greek Out! JBL and Basketball MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo Set to Release Limited-Edition JBL Headphones
December 14, 2021