NOVI, Mich. – January 25, 2016 – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced the official opening of its new North American Automotive Headquarters. Located in Novi, Michigan, the 188,000 square-foot building with 1,000 employees focuses on engineering and development of advanced technology solutions for the connected car, automotive audio, and cloud services. Developed by Northern Equities Group, the HARMAN North American Automotive Headquarters anchors the 400-acre Haggerty Corridor Corporate Park.
“The opening of our new North American Automotive Headquarters signifies HARMAN’s drive to accelerate innovation in Automotive and also the exciting future that metro Detroit is forging as an epicenter of the connected car and autonomous driving,” said Dinesh Paliwal, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “The location of HARMAN facility underscores the incredible wealth of talent in the region and the importance of proximity to our customers and partners. We are proud to be a part of the Novi community and eager to continue our collaborations with the top American automakers to create smart, seamless solutions for the best driving experience.”
Furthering its commitment to the city of Novi, HARMAN today announced a $10,000 grant to the Novi Educational Foundation to support educational opportunities and program enhancements for the Novi Community School District and greater community. Joined by customers, elected officials and community leaders, HARMAN executives commemorated the official opening with tours and presentations of its innovation showcase of connected car, automotive audio and connected services solutions.
HARMAN’s new North American Automotive Headquarters includes the following equipment and facilities:
- Engineering labs for advanced Connected Car technologies and platforms, including driver assistance, next-generation navigation and security solutions;
- Development areas focused on future connectivity solutions, including telematics, over-the-air update services and vehicle-to-infrastructure / vehicle-to-vehicle communications;
- Infotainment design studios for HARMAN and customer co-developed advanced software applications;
- State-of-the-art audio listening room;
- A full cinema quality 5.1 surround sound theater showcasing HARMAN's expertise in professional audio, as well as home and multimedia;
- An anechoic chamber for the accurate designing and testing of transducers (speakers);
- Vehicle bays for integration testing;
- A full-scale pilot factory;
- Employee amenities including a fitness center, locker rooms, cafeteria, collaboration spaces and an outdoor deck and patio space.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 28,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.4 billion during the 12 months ended September 30, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.