IFA 2015, BERLIN – With a vast array of new products and solutions on display at this year’s IFA, HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, will once again demonstrate its world leading position in the global audio markets.
As today’s connected lifestyle extends beyond the front door, HARMAN provides consumers with a range of products that deliver rich, crystal clear audio everywhere to meet this more mobile and digital way of life.
HARMAN Keynotes at IFA
In addition to demonstrating HARMAN’s latest innovative technology at its booth (Funkturminnenhof/100), HARMAN will further underscore its thought and technology leadership status through HARMAN CEO Dinesh Paliwal’s keynote speech on “Smart Audio: the playground has opened for new business connections” on September 5, 10:30 a.m. at the IFA City Cube Berlin.
In his keynote, Dinesh Paliwal, Chairman, President and CEO of HARMAN, will discuss how this new age of connectivity offers several new opportunities for the audio industry and what needs to be done to capitalize on this trend. Paliwal will also describe the challenges the industry is facing as it develops smart audio technology and share examples for game changing innovations.
New Products for All Audio Appetites
At IFA 2015, HARMAN will introduce a variety of new products and innovations from brands including JBL and Harman Kardon . On display at the booth, IFA attendees will have the opportunity to experience audio innovations firsthand, including:
- JBL Boost TV, an ultra- compact TV sound system that instantly improves any TV audio for a more cinematic sound. Perfect for any size TV, the Boost TV is also the first speaker to let users automatically switch between TV audio to the audio from a phone or tablet. Because of its simple plug-and-play setup, buyers can go from unboxing to relaxing and enjoying cinematic sound in minutes.
- JBL Pulse 2 portable Bluetooth speaker pairs exceptional sound with a vibrant, customized lightshow. The JBL Pulse 2’s high-quality stereo sound, splash proof design and 10 hours of playtime make it the perfect party companion. Listeners can wirelessly stream songs from any smart device and watch the glow of the JBL Pulse 2 as it illuminates the room or evening sky to the rhythms of their favorite hits. To elevate and personalize the LED lightshow experience, the JBL Prism color sensor lens matches and reflects any color it’s pointed at, amplifying the colors of life.
- The JBL Everest series revolutionizes the wireless headphones category with its new NXTGen active noise cancellation technology NXTGen, allowing control of the amount of ambient noise let in. All Everest headphones can connect to any Bluetooth-enabled device and come with best in class ergonomics to fit all ears. In addition, the TruNoteTM Auto Sound technology calibrates sound based on how ear cups fit around the ears, for a personalized audio experience. With ShareMe 2.0, Everest users can connect with any brand of Bluetooth headphone and share music.
- JBL Trip is JBL’s new in-vehicle portable communication and entertainment system for superior sound and functionality while in the car or on-the-go. Trip pairs with a smartphone via Bluetooth and allows drivers to make hands-free phone calls, listen to their favorite music or hear navigation voice prompts with exceptional clarity due to its proprietary active noise canceling technology. Its effective noise-cancellation allows users to take phone calls even when car windows are down and can be operated by voice command.
- The JBL Reflect Mini BT is the second generation of the JBL Reflect BT headphones series offering topline performance for an elevated audio experience in a smaller and lighter design. The JBL Reflect Mini BT provides pure JBL signature sound, up to eight hours of audio playback and a three-button in-line microphone for music and call control. An industry game changer, the headphones are sweat-proof and their thoughtfully designed reflective cables deliver nighttime visibility.
- The JBL Grip line includes the JBL Grip 100 and JBL Grip 200 earphones, featuring award-winning Twist-LockTM patented design, durable build, comfortable fit, integrated controls and first-of-its-kind cord pinch technology for a reliable audio experience that allows extreme athletes to perform at the top of their game without interruptions. JBL Grip offers both models in three color combinations: navy/orange, charcoal gray and olive green and features a 2 x 14mm transducer, 20Hz-20kHz frequency response, and a 1.1m cord with pinch capability.
From Harman Kardon
- The ultra-slim portable speaker Harman Kardon Esquire 2 brings sophisticated design and sound to the boardroom. It combines high end craftsmanship with premium wireless sound and conferencing technology. The Harman Kardon Esquire 2 connects up to two mobile devices via Bluetooth streaming for rich, high end music. Its built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to eight hours of playtime and charges devices via the USB port while its quad microphone conferencing system delivers 360 degree voice pick up for crystal clear conference calls.
The HARMAN booth at IFA is accessible for journalists and business partners. With separate areas for Car Audio, Headphones, Connected Home and Smart Audio, as well as a lounge area, the HARMAN booth offers highlights for every audio interest. The booth also provides specific settings like an aircraft or gym interior to create a more authentic audio testing experience. In addition to showcasing its latest products, HARMAN will display four cars with built-in HARMAN solutions.
HARMAN at IFA 2015
Visit HARMAN during IFA 2015 at its booth in the Funkturminnenhof/100. Follow HARMAN online during IFA 2015:
- Find more IFA news at the HARMAN Newsroom and the HARMAN Presskit
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems; audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 27,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.2 billion during the 12 months ended June 30, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.