IFA 2016, BERLIN – HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today unveiled JBL Playlist, a smart Hi-Fi home speaker with Google Cast built-in for a hi-resolution audio experience that takes connecting your favorite music to a whole new level.
JBL Playlist allows anyone to instantly stream music, radio, or podcasts directly from their Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows laptop.
A key competitive advantage of the JBL Playlist is the built-in Google Cast technology which works over Wi-Fi and allows users to easily cast audio from popular music services like Spotify and Pandora without pairing via Bluetooth. Users can enjoy higher audio quality than they would with a Bluetooth speaker due to use of Wi-Fi. With JBL Playlist, music is sent direct from the cloud to the speaker, instead of from their mobile device resulting in truer sound. When steaming over Wi-Fi, the need to be within a fixed proximity to connect to the speaker is also eliminated.
With JBL Playlist, listeners can seamlessly play music by simply tapping the cast button from within a favorite music service on their smart device. To further amplify the listening experience, JBL Playlist connects to other JBL Google Cast speakers. With Multi-Room capability enabled, music lovers can easily fill every room in their home—bedroom, kitchen, living room, or wherever they have a JBL Playlist speaker connected—play the same music throughout their home.
JBL Playlist is designed with a wide-open surface for unrivaled sound quality and it features a passive radiator for world class bass performance. Its distinctive matte finish and grille fabric cover offers a sleek look that perfectly complements any room. The JBL Playlist is available in black, blue, and white.
“JBL Playlist provides access into millions of songs and podcasts by casting from apps such as Spotify, Pandora etc. directly to the speaker,” says Robb Mason, senior director, Connected Home HARMAN. ”With the JBL Playlist, music enthusiasts can enjoy their favorite content with higher audio quality provided by Wi-Fi.”
JBL Playlist features:
- Easily cast music to your speakers: With Google Cast™ speakers, Google Cast™ is built-in. Just tap the Cast button from your favorite mobile music apps to instantly start playing on the speakers.
- Spotify Connect, a better way to listen at home: Play Spotify through your speakers, laptop and TV, using the Spotify app as a remote. Use the "One Touch" Play feature on Playlist speaker to play your favorite playlist instantly.
- 24bit/96kHz High quality sound, powered by the cloud
- Simple setup and multi-room control with Google Cast™ app: Easily set up your system and control multi-room playback with the Google Cast™ app. A step by step in-app guide you can quickly start streaming your music.
- Dual band Wi-Fi connection and 802.11ac network support: Supports the latest 802.11AC wireless home networking technology and dual band (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi connection, resulting in a faster, robust and more stable wireless connection
- Music playback via Bluetooth or 3.5mm input
The JBL Playlist is available at www.JBL.com and select retailers for €179,- starting October 2016. As part of a limited time offer, purchasers will receive a free, three-month subscription to Google Play with the purchase of the JBL Playlist speaker.