CES 2018, LAS VEGAS – January 8, 2018 – Today, HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, introduced the JBL Xtreme 2 portable Bluetooth speaker. Next in line to the popular JBL Xtreme, the Xtreme 2 delivers an even more superior audio performance, while showcasing a new durable design.
The JBL Xtreme 2 features a new, bold design coupled with several other enhancements to further the success of the JBL Xtreme. Enhanced sound quality, larger bass, and up to 15 hours of playtime, makes the Xtreme 2 a powerful, and long-lasting, musical companion. With the addition of newly designed 3D bass radiators and upgraded drivers, users can not only hear powerful, room-filling sound, but physically see and feel it.
The Xtreme 2 features JBL Connect+, allowing users to wirelessly link one-hundred or more Connect+-enabled speakers, amplifying the experience through a connected ecosystem. The Bluetooth streaming capability allows up to 2 users to connect to the same speaker, so everyone gets the chance to hear their favorite songs.
The IPX7 rated, fully waterproof design is complemented by rugged fabric in exclusive colors including Midnight Black, Forest Green, and Ocean Blue. Integrated hooks, a durable metal base, and a bottle opener added to the carrying strap make the speaker a fun and easy-to-transport addition, as well as a perfect audio solution for any home. Whether in the living room, poolside, or tailgating for the big game, the JBL Xtreme 2 brings bold sound wherever it goes.
The JBL Xtreme 2 incorporates a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone, allowing it to be used to make crystal clear calls in any environment when paired with a smartphone. It also features a USB charging port, allowing users to charge any smartphone or tablet, so the party never has to stop.
“The JBL Xtreme 2 elevates our entire portables line, setting the tone for greater, more powerful sound,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President, Smart Audio Business Unit, HARMAN. “We’re excited to see where our consumers will take the new Xtreme, designed to give the user a truly unique and versatile listening experience, no matter where they go.”
The JBL Xtreme 2 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets, giving everyone the chance to play their favorite playlist.
- Extended Battery Life: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 15-hours of playtime, allowing customers to charge their smart phone or tablet via a USB port.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Don’t let weather conditions stop you from partying on; this speaker can be submerged in water with a new waterproof design.
- JBL Connect+: Has the power to connect up to 100 JBL Connect+-enabled speakers together.
- Lifestyle Material: Integrated metal hooks and durable fabric material allows speakers to withstand all of life’s adventures.
- JBL Bass Radiator: See and hear improved acoustic and bass quality through updated drivers and passive radiators.
- Colors: Available in Midnight Black, Forest Green, and Ocean Blue.
- Speakerphone: Equipped with noise and echo cancelling speakerphones so all calls are crystal clear.
Pricing and Availability
The JBL® Xtreme 2 will be available on JBL.com and select retailers for $299.95 starting spring 2018.
HARMAN at CES 2018
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2018 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that elevate the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2018:
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.