CES 2018, LAS VEGAS – January 8, 2018 – Today, HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, introduced the JBL® GO 2, a portable, compact Bluetooth speaker with next-generation audio quality and a new, bolder design.
This next generation of the fan-favorite JBL GO speaker packs a punch, with even more audio output in the same compact palm-sized design. With up to 5 hours of playtime and JBL Signature Sound, coupled with increased audio quality and performance, the JBL GO 2 is the perfect speaker for consumers looking for an easy-to-use, on-the-go music experience.
Making a splash with its new waterproof IPX7 design, the JBL GO 2 gives music lovers everywhere the opportunity to bring their speaker poolside, to the beach, or on a porch or patio. Of-the-moment shades like Misty Blue, Lemonade Yellow and Midnight Black give a pop of color to the speaker’s modern, block-shaped design with newly introduced soft, curved edges.
“When we first announced the JBL GO we knew it would be a great option for people looking to purchase a quality portable speaker at an affordable price,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President, Smart Audio Business Unit, HARMAN. “The JBL GO 2 offers the same low price point with the bonus of an entirely new waterproof design, and richer, clearer sound.”
JBL GO was introduced in 2015 and has already sold more than 10 million units.
For consumers looking for more versatility in a portable speaker, the JBL GO 2 comes equipped with an echo and noise canceling speakerphone. Users can make crystal-clear calls by simply connecting their smartphone via Bluetooth.
The JBL GO 2 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Stream music wirelessly from any smartphone or tablet.
- IPX7 Waterproof: No need to worry about water, the GO 2 can be submerged while playing.
- Speakerphone: Built-in echo and noise canceling speakerphone allows for crystal-clear calls.
- Rechargeable Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 5 hours of playtime.
- Aux In Connectivity: Allows users to also play music with a wired connection.
- Colors: Available in Misty Gray, Seafoam Mint, Lemonade Yellow, Sunkissed Cinnamon, Pearl Champagne, Midnight Black, Deep Sea Blue, Moss Green, Coral Orange, Ruby Red.
Pricing and Availability
The JBL® GO 2 will be available on JBL.com and at select retailers for $39.95 starting spring 2018.
HARMAN at CES
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2018 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that elevate the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2018:
- Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with Harman on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #HARMANCES
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.