CES 2018 - LAS VEGAS, NV – January 8, 2018 – Today, HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, unveiled HARMAN AudioworX, a new standard-setting audio framework that will unleash a wave of creativity and innovation for in-vehicle user experiences, making it easier to design, implement and integrate next level solutions for in-vehicle audio systems. Built upon HARMAN’s unmatched expertise in user experience (UX) design, acoustics and signal processing, HARMAN AudioworX will, help automakers differentiate their brands through highly personalized, passenger-centric solutions that redefine what the in-vehicle experience looks like today and in the autonomous environments of tomorrow.
For automakers, HARMAN AudioworX provides the flexibility to quickly and easily adapt to new trends in consumer preferences, offering faster time to market and lower overall cost. With its open network, developers can bring to life new in-vehicle entertainment experiences using either HARMAN or their own proprietary software solutions. Consumers will see the benefits in a new level of intelligent, adaptive and connected in-vehicles experiences that offer the high degree of personalization they demand.
The HARMAN AudioworX framework comprises three main components:
- The Operating System: A unified platform enabling rapid design and quick porting on diverse hardware, accomplishing more in less time with a high degree of flexibility, efficiency and re-use.
- The Library: An extensive digital signal processing (DSP) library consisting of more than 200 components that accelerates the delivery of rich new audio features while fast-tracking system tunings.
- The Tuning Tools: A comprehensive tuning tool kit that provides smart, seamless, intuitive configuration capabilities, allowing precise algorithm and audio control of both audio and NVH algorithms. This control makes it easier achieve expert system tuning for advanced automotive sound design, both for sound systems and in-vehicle noise management.
“HARMAN AudioworX is a reflection not only of HARMAN’s renowned acoustic and UX expertise, but of our commitment to advancing the industry by sharing our research and innovations with the larger development community,” said Michael Mauser, President, Lifestyle Audio for HARMAN. “In standardizing the audio operating system, HARMAN is opening up the world of lifestyle automotive audio to the creativity of all OEMs, audio engineers and enthusiasts alike, enabling them to push the boundaries of what’s possible in vehicles -- today and tomorrow.”
Available to OEMs today, HARMAN AudioworX has been in development with several global technology partners, several of which will be announced in early 2018. Additionally, HARMAN AudioworX will be featured at the HARMAN Showcase at CES 2018.
HARMAN at CES 2018
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2018 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that enable the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2018:
- Enjoy more HARMAN updates at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @Harman
- View us on Instagram
- Join the conversation using #HarmanCES
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.