Stamford, CT – May 5, 2020–JBL is now offering its first portable Bluetooth speaker made of recyclable plastic with the new Flip 5 - Eco edition. The popular Bluetooth speaker is back with the same superb sound and cool tech as before - this time with an environmentally friendly twist.
The limited edition JBL Flip 5 Eco is made from 90% recycled plastic while the portable speaker’s packaging is biodegradable. Available in two beautiful limited-edition colors – ‘Ocean’ blue and ‘Forest’ green – the speaker is engineered with the same features and sound of the original Flip 5, including JBL Pro Sound, PartyBoost technology, 12-hour battery life and IPX7 waterproof materials.
“The limited-edition JBL Flip 5 Eco is the brand’s first portable speaker made from recycled plastic,” said Andy Tsui, SVP & GM of Product Development & Engineering at Harman. “The team worked hard to find materials to build this eco-friendly product and case that conforms to the global 3R1D (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Degradable) sustainability standards while not compromising JBL’s famous Signature Sound or award-winning features.”
JBL Flip 5 Eco edition Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly stream music from any phone, tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled device.
- 12 hours of playtime: Built-in 4800mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 12 hours of continuous playtime.
- IPX7 Waterproof: Take this speaker poolside, without worrying about spills or submerging in water.
- Acoustic Design: Proprietary developed racetrack shaped driver and passive radiators for bold JBL Pro Sound and deep bass.
- USB-C Charging: Supported by 5V/3A power source.
- PartyBoost: Pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to pump up the party.
- Eco edition is made from 90% recycled plastic.
The JBL Flip 5 Eco edition will be available on JBL.com in June for $99.95.
For more information:
Office: +1 203 353 3866
JBL creates the amazing sound that shapes life’s most epic moments. From iconic events like Woodstock and concerts at Madison Square Garden, to games at Yankee Stadium and weekend road trips, JBL elevates listeners’ experiences with award-winning audio that lets them make the most of every moment. With unmatched professional credentials and over 70 years of delivering industry leading innovation, JBL is the authority in engineering superior sound.
HARMAN International (harman.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co, LTD., designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.