InfoComm (Booth #N1105) – LAS VEGAS – HARMAN Professional Solutions, the global leader in networked audio, video, lighting and control systems, today announced a number of new video distribution solutions designed to simplify system design and implementation for corporate, education and government applications. The additions include a new AMX Precis 8x8 fixed matrix switcher, as well as multiple video distribution accessories.
“As a manufacturer of complete AV solutions, we understand the many unique challenges that designers face as they put together systems,” explains Paul Hand, Product Manager at HARMAN Professional Solutions. “These new video distribution products from AMX help address these challenges with new solutions to manage everything from 4K60 switching to video scaling to EDID management and CEC control to distance transport. These new products are simple and cost effective, and yet backed by HARMAN innovation and support.”
New AMX video distribution solutions include:
- AMX Precis 4K60 Matrix Switcher – this 8x8 fixed matrix switcher is 4K60 4:4:4 switching solution featuring eight HDMI inputs and outputs. Four of the outputs also feature mirrored HDBaseT outputs for connection directly to a display or projector that supports standard HDBaseT or for use with a Precis HDBaseT Receiver. The Precis supports 4K60 4:4:4 and HDCP 2.2 and includes dynamic audio de-embedding capabilities, offering a solution that is compatible with the latest sources and displays.
- AMX DCE-1 4K60 In-Line Controller – the DCE-1 In-Line Controller combines CEC control, EDID emulation and audio extraction in a single, cost-effective device. The controller provides EDID emulation for resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4, with the ability to copy from output or select from one of 15 preprogrammed EDIDs. The controller also offers control of display power using CEC or RS232 in response to a change in the input signal, as well as digital and analog audio de-embedding.
- AMX SCL-1 4K60 Scaler – this small-format scaler adjusts the resolution of a video source to match the optimal resolution of the display. This single input/output product can be used in combination with other products—such as the local HDMI outputs on the AMX Precis 8x8—where scaling can be used to optimize the experience. The scaler supports input and output resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4 and is compatible with HDCP 2.2 sources.
- AMX DXLite Series 4K60 Distance Transport with HDR – The new AMX DXLite transmitter, like the previously announced DXLite receiver, leverages HDBaseT technology to distribute audio, video, and USB 2.0 over a single category cable. AMX DXLite supports 4K60 4:4:4, HDCP 2.2, and HDR video, and can be used point-to-point (transmitter to receiver) or in conjunction with an AMX Incite All-in-One Presentation Switcher. With onboard USB 2.0 distribution between the transmitter and receiver, a USB device such as an AMX Acendo Vibe conferencing soundbar, mounted at the display, can connect to a laptop at the table, providing cost-effective conferencing in BYOD meeting environments.
These new video distribution solutions come in addition to two additional video solutions also announced today: the AMX CT Series Connectivity and Transports Kits https://www.amx.com/en-US/product_families/ct-series and the AMX VPX Series Presentation Switchers https://www.amx.com/en-US/product_families/vpx-series.
HARMAN is showing the AMX Precis Matrix Switcher, DCE-1 In-Line Controller, SCL-1 Scaler and DXLite Transmitter in Booth #N1105 at InfoComm 2018. For further details, we invite you to visit:
- AMX Precis 4K60 Matrix Switcher – https://www.amx.com/en-US/products/pr01-0808
- AMX DCE-1 4K60 In-Line Controller – https://www.amx.com/en-US/products/dce-1
- AMX SCL-1 4K60 Scaler – https://www.amx.com/en-US/products/scl-1
- AMX DXLite Transmitter – https://www.amx.com/en-US/products/dxl-tx-4k60
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. For more information about HARMAN Professional Solutions products and solutions, visit https://pro.harman.com.