CES 2014, LAS VEGAS – HARMAN, the premium global audio and infotainment group (NYSE:HAR) debuted several new products for the mobile aftermarket today at CES, continuing its tradition of leadership for best-in-class car audio.
With the HARMAN Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrades, every component is designed to fit perfectly into the original factory location while simply plugging into the existing wire harness, with no splicing or fabricating required like in a typical aftermarket system. In addition, these systems utilize the factory head unit, helping consumers avoid the cost of updating the head unit and related installation and fabrication fees.
HARMAN recently launched its first Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade in Russia with the Hyundai IX35. Based on the success of the product, HARMAN will continue to roll out additional Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrades in additional countries in the upcoming months. The next launches include the Suzuki Swift upgrade package in India, the Chevy Cruz upgrade in Russia and Brazil, and the first US Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade with the Jeep Wrangler.
“At CES, HARMAN is showcasing exciting new solutions that upgrade, connect, and improve the infotainment and audio experiences for vehicles on the road today,” said David Slump, president, HARMAN Automotive Services. “Visitors will be able to see how HARMAN's Vehicle Specific Audio Upgrade packages are designed to quickly and easily replace all of the factory speakers, while also adding enclosed subwoofers, and updating the digital amplifier that has been acoustically tuned, time-aligned and equalized by HARMAN’s engineers for the unique audio characteristics of specific cars. These solutions give consumers pricing flexibility and choice, which are priorities for automakers in emerging markets where they want to build brand loyalty, especiallyamong first time car buyers.”
- InfinityMarine- This new series designed for boats and watercrafts consists of two kits (six-inch coaxial and six-inch by nine-inch coaxial). Each kit in the series includes stainless steel hardware and utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One™ woofer technology, which results in increased bass output and sensitivity. Infinity’s “True 4 Ohm” design ensures maximum amplifier output delivering the utmost in sound pressure level (SPL). Both drivers boast power handling of 225 watts peak with a sensitivity rating of 92db. As with every Infinity product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy and engineered and tested to be “marine ready” (water resistant from the front).
- JBL® GX Automotive Speaker Series - The new mid-priced line updates and replaces the critically acclaimed GTO-8 series, long considered the heart and soul of JBL mobile audio. GX speakers are available in various sizes with a six by nine inch three-way speaker and a six-inch component system rounding out the line to fit nearly every application. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One™ woofer technology. Additionally, coaxially-mounted tweeters incorporate an exclusive rotating Tweeter Deflector, which pinpoint and direct high frequency output towards the listening area so audio sounds crisper and more defined. JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design ensures maximum amplifier output delivering the utmost in SPL. As with every JBL product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy.
- JBL Automotive Speaker Series, GT7 - The new entry level series has various coaxial kits along with a six by nine inch three-way kit. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One woofer technology and touts JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design as well, delivering maximum amplifier output and the utmost in SPL. As with every JBL product, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy.
- JBL Marine - Designed for boats and watercrafts, this series consists of a six-inch dual cone, a six-inch coaxial kit and a six-inch by nine-inch coaxial system. Every speaker in the series utilizes Harman’s patented Plus One Woofer technology, which results in increased bass output and sensitivity. JBL’s “True 4 Ohm” design allows users to get the most out of their amplifier. All JBL Marine speakers are rated at 180 watts peak power handling with 91db sensitivity. True to the JBL heritage, each driver has been acoustically voiced for sonic accuracy as well as engineered and tested for water resistance. Each kit also includes stainless steel hardware.
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN news on Twitter @harmannews
- Follow HARMAN technology updates on Twitter @HarmanTech
- Twitter Hashtag #HarmanCES
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon® and Mark Levinson®. The Company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of 14,600 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.5 billion for the last twelve months ended September 30, 2013. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.