STAMFORD, CT – HARMAN, the award-winning maker of outstanding audio and entertainment solutions, announced today that it has won the CES 2015 Innovation award for nine products introduced during this season. Over the course of the past two years, the company has won 116 awards for 70 unique products.
The award was presented by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, producer of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow.
Six of HARMAN's JBL products received awards for sound systems incorporating wireless Bluetooth connectivity, enabled by Near Field Communications technology: the JBL® Authentics with Spotify, the JBL® Control X Loudspeaker, the JBL® Reflect BT, the JBL® Synchros S210BT, the JBL® Synchros S700mkII and the JBL® Synthesis SDA 8300.
- The JBL Authentics L16 takes the time-honored concept of a legacy stereo system and catapults it into the wireless age with Spotify Connect. Spotify Connect, developed by the digital music service, allows listeners to seamlessly shift the Spotify audio playing on other devices to their Wi-Fi connected HARMAN home systems without interruption.
- The JBL Control X Loudspeaker takes after the JBL Control line Control X, sporting two-way 5.25-inch, 130mm loudspeakers. This product’s High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design can weather the outdoors, and its 1-inch, 25mm CMMD® tweeter and tuned-port design guarantee a powerful bass response.
- The JBL Reflect BT is a Bluetooth®-enabled sports headphone set that serves as the ultimate workout partner by combining cutting-edge style with innovation. Designed to stay in your ears, these ergonomic earbuds are engineered to withstand the rigors of your most energetic workouts. With five hours of Bluetooth®-enabled connectivity and JBL-quality sound, you can sweat it out in the gym, confident that the Reflect BT will press on as long as you do.
- The JBL Synchros S210BT offers superior audio with its in-ear form factor and two-way hybrid-driver design.
- The JBL Synchros S700mkII maintains the same look and feel as the previous model, along with the same Lifestage technology, but kicks it up a notch. The S700mkII includes active noise cancellation and Clari-Fi, which is a proprietary software solution that analyzes and improves the audio quality of compressed, digitized music sources.
- The JBL Synthesis SDA 8300 is the eight-channel model of JBL Synthesis multichannel network amplifiers. Among its features, it offers Ethernet networking connectivity and a high-power output. The eight-channel SDA-8300 delivers 300W at 8 ohms, while the four-channel SDA-4600 delivers 600W at 8 ohms.
Additionally, the Company drew awards for its Harman Kardon® Esquire Mini and Wireless HD Audio System (Omni 10, 20 and Adapt). From its premium materials and master craftsmanship to the chic, urban styling of its unibody design, the Harman Kardon Esquire Mini is ideal for professionals on the go. Completely portable and wireless, the ultra-thin speaker provides exceptional sound from its dual, high-performance drivers and enhanced bass port design, producing the best quality sound in its category. The Harman Kardon Esquire Mini is also Bluetooth®-enabled, delivering full stereo streaming with other devices, and doubles as a conference phone system with a dual microphone and built-in echo and noise cancellation technology for superb sound. USB access is included for easy recharge, and an eight-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery ensures remote accessibility. With this product, Harman Kardon delivers the ultimate speaker that strikes the balance between style and power.
Harman Kardon’s other winner, the Wireless HD Audio System, is a premium suite of audio products designed to wirelessly fill your home with high-definition sound. Start with any combination of Omni 10, Omni 20 or Adapt units and expand your system to create seamless multi-room audio using your home wireless network and the Harman Kardon Controller App.
The Mark Levinson® ML585 Integrated Amplifier completes the list of product accolades. Designed to deliver top-quality music reproduction from analog and digital sources, including computers and music servers, the ML585 combines engineering advancements with ease of use and Mark Levinson’s striking, next-generation industrial design.
HARMAN recognizes the importance of providing stylish products that deliver not only high-quality technology, but also a sense of connectedness. "Today’s generation values constant connections not only to music, but also to friends, family and the world around them," said Dinesh C. Paliwal, HARMAN Chairman, President and CEO. "HARMAN has applied this concept by creating products designed to enhance everyday life through its presentation of Bluetooth and wireless capabilities in sophisticated ways.”
Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across a wide range of product categories. The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
• Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
• Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
• The product’s intended use/function and user value
• Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
• How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
2015 Innovation Award honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and enterprise automation solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, the Company is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 16,600 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $5.6 billion for the 12 months ended September 30, 2014. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.